Friday, April 22, 2016

WHEN DOES SLANG TURN INTO JUST BAD GRAMMAR



WHEN DOES SLANG TURN INTO JUST BAD GRAMMAR

I know I use slang on occasion more so when I speak than when I write and it is easy to fall into that pattern in an attempt to ‘keep it real’ in writing however, there is a line that should not be crossed between slang and bad grammar.  Sometimes I have even wondered if slang attempts to cover things like dire spelling skills.

I have listed below several websites that help to understand the rules of writing and though the rules are changing, in terms of what is acceptable, understand that slang ‘dates’ your writing, has the ability to narrow the audience that can relate to your writing, creates stereotypes and on some levels distracts the reader.

I hope these links are helpful, they are for me!
 

THE USE OF SLANG





CHECK YOUR GRAMMAR


Quiz - When to use 'ed' at the end of Verbs



 
CHANGING THE RULES



Keep Writing!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment