Monday, December 7, 2015

CATHARTIC

Thought of the Hour:  Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing - Albert Einstein

Thought of the Day:  You can’t hold a man down without staying down with him – Booker T. Washington

A Life Rule:  True leadership must be for the benefit of the followers, not the enrichment of the leaders – Robert Townsend

Mind Food:  Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities/weak minds.  The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence – Albert Einstein

Within the soul, where the most private thoughts and feelings are hidden, the place where a person’s emotional and moral nature reside, a place no one person can touch of another’s, a personification of self and self worth, the very essence of you.

Spirit, character, strength of mind, fortitude, your inner self or life force, your determination to survive; when will mankind realize that he can indeed oppress the physical body, but never the soul or spirit of a man.

Take my land, my home, my friends, my loved ones, but still I survive.  I survive inside myself and I become stronger, more determined and fiercer than before.  Sometimes hate motivates the ferociousness I feel, sometimes fear itself, sometimes sadness and sometimes aversion, but my spirit stays in tact for I refuse to let you make me into who I am not, who you want me to be.

I may shed tears of sadness, frustration and pain over the loss of things that I once had, but I survive and I move on because I am not yet dead.  I carry my experiences with me from minute to minute, hour to hour, day to day, year to year.  If I am still being oppressed, disrespected and used, that part you can not touch is working out the means to gain it all back.


Because even when you knock me to my knees, I will eventually rise again:

While the means may not justify the end, somewhere in my confused and frustrated mind, my hope is that my plight will be noticed and maybe draw needed assistance to the ugliness that has been brought down upon me.  For I feel strongly that *'I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees,’ my fight is for someone to notice my plight and to reach out a hand to help me… please.


Just something to think about when you look around the world.

NOTE:  Tone plays an important part of expression – everything is not candy sweet, some things you actually ‘feel’ and tone arrives from that feeling.

Written:  12/2008, Author:  Connie Jordan - Understanding yet to come?!

 * Revolutionary words spoken by many

Find new and old authors at:

 Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment