Tuesday, December 15, 2015

FEATURED INTERVIEW with Connie Jordan

Featured Interview With Connie Jordan
 
Tell us a little about yourself. Where were you raised? Where do you live now?

Born and raised in Cleveland Ohio but lived in a couple of states as an adult. Currently living in California and although I keep leaving this area something always draws me back.

I recently retired from the state of California and I am enjoying my retirement. I have two children, five grandchildren and two great grandchildren – makes me sound old but I will always have a young spirit. I enjoy writing poems/prose discussing world events, life, love and whatever moves me in the moment.

I am a sensitive, thinking, feeling person and I do a lot of critical, analytical thinking and even though it brings me down sometimes I have not yet learned to turn my mind off – maybe that is what death is about – no more thoughts.

I will post my Facebook page below although I have not been active there in a while I keep saying I am going to start back posting.

At what age did you realize your fascination with books? When did you start writing?

I have always been a reader. Reading takes me on journeys my life may not, it gives me insight and sometimes understanding of the world around me as viewed through another’s eyes. I have spent days so caught up in a book that I just could not put down and did nothing else but read for days.

I started writing in high school but later gave it up to live life and raise children but now that I have nothing but time on my hands I have returned to my passion of writing poems/prose.

Sometimes life and the things I see in the world make me so sad, so hurt that I often say writing is my therapy and it does help to have a venue to express certain things and get them out of my system allowing me to move beyond the experience.

See full interview at:  Book Reader Magazine

Books by Connie Jordan 

No comments:

Post a Comment